Director, National Field Service
Director, National Field Service
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The successful candidate will have direct oversight over Mircom’s Canadian field service operations. Specifically, the Director of National Field Service is responsible for developing and managing the overall service delivery strategy and operations for the company’s Canadian business.
- Develop an organizational structure and teams to deliver high value add implementation services and solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and refine solution offerings and strategies to ensure ongoing profitable growth.
- Facilitate an ongoing and consistent review of implementation activities, KPIs and develop a collaborative process with the team to ensure service enhancements based upon customer feedback and experience implementing the company’s solutions.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to forecast future service delivery requirements.
- Refine existing processes and procedures including software solutions to maximize workflow and efficiency.
- Develop and enable partner relationships with service providers where these firms will augment or divest implementation services.
- Own P&L
- Other duties incidental to the work described herein
Requirements and Skills:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of progressive managerial experience in a service-oriented business. (Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Fire & Life Safety Systems).
- Experience managing complex projects, clients, partners, and organizations
- Proven track record in establishing strong, executive level customer relationships
- Business acumen and financial (P&L) skills/metrics driven
- Proven experience managing remote resources and large national teams
- Strong collaborator with successful track record of working in a heavily matrix organizational structure
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driver's abstract
- Strong verbal and written communication in the English language
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.