CNC Machine/Set-up Operator
CNC Machine/Set-up Operator (6 Month Contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday from 12:10am to 8:10am
This position will set up and ensure operation of all machinery in the Metal Shop.
- Produce parts by making precision cuts into metal using the punch press machine,
- Familiar with other metal shop machinery including, brake press, insertion machines and welding.
- Make adjustments to CNC machine to control speed, material feed and the path of the punch
- Prepare and organize tooling for set-up and next operation.
- Manage plans for the finished product
- Ensure the machines are set up properly, producing quality products at full capacity, and are well maintained
- Ensure material is available, using forklift if required to get material.
- Ensure products are defect free and ready for the next step in production
- Prepare parts for Shipping or stock, labeling and shrink-wrapping as required.
- Perform periodic checks on machine output to ensure all quality standards are met.
- Maintain documentation of maintenance schedule
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Certification
- Previous exposure to the metal shop machinery.
- Ability to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to understand why machines are not at peak performance and how to increase output and fix errors.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to work additional shifts when necessary
- Able to work in a team environment
- 50lbs plus – occasional (up to 30%), where over 50lbs lifting must be done by two people.
- 20 to 50lbs – frequently (10% to 100%)
- 1 to 20lbs – most frequently (50% to 100%)
- 100% of the job requires walking.
- Up to 100%
- Up to 50%
- Above shoulder height – up to 50%
- At shoulder height – up to 100%
- Below shoulder height – up to 100%
- 20% - there is a second floor mezzanine that requires stair climbing to reach. Ladders/rolling stairs are also located around the plant and are used to reach overstock locations.
- Up to 80%
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to HR.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.