Access Control Technician
Access Control Technician
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
- Install and program new alarm and security systems, CCTV and Access Control included
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with alarms and security systems
- Identify risk to customers and provide cost effective solutions
- Conduct preventative maintenance on alarm/CCTV systems
- Install low voltage cable for security cameras, card access systems, and alarm systems
- Work indoors/outdoors at heights with various lift equipment
- Mount and terminate access control panels
- Mount and focus IP cameras
- Mount network racks and wall enclosures
- Install and terminate door strikes and card readers
- Set-up IP Cameras
- Install DSC and intrusion systems
- Join on call rotation
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience with security installation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Mircom products is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Proficiency with hand/power tools
- Experience with bending EMT
- Knowledge of automatic door controllers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess a valid and clean motor vehicle license (Class G)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.