Technical Support Representative
Technical Support Representative
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Technical Support Representative will be responsible and accountable for providing product support and resolving technical issues via phone, e-mail and web for all Mircom product lines.
- Provide technical support for fire safety equipment and security products.
- Provide troubleshooting support for installations and production.
- Help resolve technical and engineering related issues that impact sales, installation, or utilization of fire safety and security products.
- Identify and help resolve product quality issues through escalation process.
- Simulate field problems in the technical support lab and document the results.
- Respond to phone, email and web based inquiries on Mircom's fire protection and security products.
- Log incoming inquiries and their resolution via Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Escalate issues that cannot be addressed directly by the Technical Support team.
- Provide training and assistance to help customers learn how to use various fire alarm and communication products and accessories.
- Provide, on occasion, local on-site trouble shooting support for Mircom fire protection and security products.
Requirements and Skills:
- College level graduate in Electronics or Fire Protection Technology.
- Previous experience in technical support.
- Previous experience in the Electronics or Fire Protection industry is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX an asset.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision as well as function in a team environment.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.