Assembler (1 Year Contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
This position is responsible for performing any combination of following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems: Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on printed circuit boards or chassis panel.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering, welding, marettes, or related bonding procedures and equipment.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, locks, screws, wires and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as conformal coating, silk screening, masking, cutting traces, labeling assemblies.
- Tends machines that press, shape, or engrave component parts
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs on-line go-not-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices and Automatic Optical Inspection(AOI), measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- May perform assembly, soldering or inspections under microscope or other magnifying device.
- Perform loading of PCB’s in trolley, packing of panels and enclosures, stocking on skids/troleys and delivering to Raw Material or Finish Goods stock.
Requirements and Skills:
- Must be detail oriented, precise and fast learner
- Must be able to read, understand and follow instructions/drawing.
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Electronic devices assemblers that solder might require accreditation or certification
- Three years’ experience of electronic assembly an asset
- Knowledge of electronic components and electronic assembly an asset
- Familiar with touch screen data entering and scanning.
- Familiar with ISO and IPC standards an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Ability to focus attention on details and a high level of accuracy skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability/willingness to learn on the job new skills through training
- 50lbs plus – occasional (up to 30%), where over 50lbs lifting must be done by two people.
- 20 to 50lbs – frequently (10% to 100%)
- 1 to 20lbs – most frequently (50% to 100%)
- 100% of the job requires walking.
- Up to 100%
- Up to 50%
- Above shoulder height – up to 50%
- At shoulder height – up to 100%
- Below shoulder height – up to 100%
- 20% - there is a second floor mezzanine that requires stair climbing to reach. Ladders/rolling stairs are also located around the plant and are used to reach overstock locations.
- Up to 80%
- Exposed to heat and cold in the warehouse
- Exposed to fumes and other odors from operations
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
All candidates are asked to submit their resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.