Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (6 Month Contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for ensuring accurate and seamless outgoing shipments and reception/processing of incoming shipments. The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting.
The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming and outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Match product with shipping or purchase orders
- Maintain a safe work environment
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Working experience in a Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.