Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Reporting to the local Area Sales Manager, the Project Coordinator will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Sales department and will facilitate the efficient operation of the organization, including collections. The successful candidate must be able to accommodate a daily work schedule from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Provide administrative support for construction projects;
- Handle verification of contractors’ requisitions;
- Manage the release of product shipments in accordance with customer expectations
- Prepare and modify change orders for contractors and subcontractors;
- Maintain current and orderly documentation for projects; and
- Assist with securing releases for customer payments.
- Forward sales leads to internal and external sales staff under the direction of Area Sales Manager;
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails;
- Resolve ad-hoc administrative problems and inquiries; and
- Assist with collections under direction of branch finance lead
Requirements and Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Practical experience carrying out clerical and administrative procedures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- English/French Bilingualism is required
- Mircrosoft Dynamics AX software experience a definite asset
- Experience in a construction environment preferred
- Planning, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-service oriented and a team-player
- Accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to gather & monitor information, assess & solve problems.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
For all interested applicants, please include a cover letter along with your resume. We would thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.