Flying Probe Technician
Flying Probe Technician
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday: 4:30 pm – 1:00 am
The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for operating production test equipment, troubleshooting and repairing defective products, maintaining test equipment, monitoring test performance and yield information, and providing technical support to other test operators. Responsible for testing printed circuit boards and programming a robotic flying probe machine.
- Must have the ability to run Sprint embedded test software (Xmatic, OPT- DSCAN, -CSCAN, -ASCAN (AOI), and Boundary Scan (JTAG) Test Run Time), create golden sample test programs, and develop functional test capability
- Independently program, set up and run Flying Probe test programs on printed circuit board assemblies and provide feedback to SMT area on product yields
- Experience to include: downloading programs, performing setup adjustment, test execution, and report generation
- Maintain and/or perform minor repairs of Flying Probe equipment including, but not limited to: maintenance, calibration/alignment, and tools/fixtures
- Support Manufacturing and Engineering departments with test development and defect analysis
- Interact with equipment manufacturers/representatives in a professional manner
Requirements and Skills:
- Community College Diploma in electronics field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Flying Probe circuit test operations
- Must know how to program, set up, and run flying probe tests.
- Advanced understanding of electronic circuitry
- Strong team working skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be proficient in English including the ability to communicate with all departments in the company
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 electronics-manufacturing environment is an asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.