Field Service Supervisor
Field Service Supervisor - Ottawa
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The successful candidate will oversee Mircom’s field services operations for Ottawa. The Service Supervisor will organize and manage all service activities and oversee the performance of the Ottawa field service team to ensure smooth operations.
- Direct responsibility over service technicians and administration staff
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures as established by Mircom Engineered Systems head office
- Responsible for acquiring knowledge in new and existing Mircom products
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining knowledge in regards to legislation, regulations and related codes as well as ensuring that the service technicians are kept up to date
- Strive to ensure that the highest levels of customer satisfaction is maintained and that customers are fully aware of other products and service plans offered by Mircom Engineered Systems
- Maintaining and increasing dollar value and profitability in the service business to meet budgetary obligations and goals
- Ensure technicians are equipped with the proper equipment needed to complete all jobs
- Control inventory in department stock along with truck stock
- Ensure technicians receive proper Health and Safety training along with product technical training
- Work with the Regional Service Manager on fleet control and services
- Review all reports sent in by technicians and ensure they are accurate before issuing to customers
- May occasionally be required to perform technician duties
- Other duties incidental to the work described herein
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Fire Alarm industry.
- 3+ years of manager/supervisor experience in the Fire Alarm industry
- Must have Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) Certification or comparable qualification
- Electronics diploma or equivalent from an accredited college/university or documented and demonstrated trade qualification
- Competency in Microsoft Office specifically Word and Excel would be an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer/technician requirements
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driver's abstract
- Strong verbal and written communications in the English language
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.