Project Billing Administrator
Posted On: June 28, 2019
Project Billing Administrator
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
This position will report to the Billing Manager, and work closely with the sales team and Account managers. This newly created role has been a result of centralized billing and growing project business. The successful candidate will achieve accurate billing objectives by on time billing, ensuring all revenue and cost activities for projects are accounted on time, assist billing manager in project billing at branch level.
- Enter sales orders as per sales team, rest of the process is automated
- Create projects in the systems as per paper work received from sales team
- Create POs and receiving – External purchase of material and service for projects
- Ensure on time project billing and over view project cost spend and customer billing
- Resolve issues arising from actions or events involving administrative functions
- Create credit notes as and when required
- Meet month billing targets and deadlines given by Billing manager
- Produce various adhoc reports and metrics as requested by management
Requirements and Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of authority within an organization
- Strong work-ethic; able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Minimum 3 + years’ of billing experience
- Proven ability to prioritize and plan in a billing department
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Detail oriented with an Accounting background
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge using Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university or college in accounting or finance
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.