Metal Shop General Labourer (Afternoon Shift)
Posted On: July 08, 2019
Metal Shop General Labourer
(1 year contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
- Monday to Friday 4:20pm to 12:20am
- Operate machinery (i.e. press, punch machine) that makes precision cuts, grinds and punches into metal
- Manage plans for finished products, make minor adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and the path of the punches
- Ensure the punched “first off” is in accordance with drawings and inform the set up operator of any issues with the parts
- Ensure proper operation of the machine and the production of quality parts
- Ensure machine is running at full capacity, required materials are readily available, the machine is maintained, and perform periodic checks on output
- Perform a first off inspection in accordance with technical drawings prior to running the full MO, review the final product, and ensure it is defect free and ready for the next phase of production
- Inform the set up operator of any problems encountered with the computer programming or set up machine tooling. Make minor adjustments to ensure proper operation of the machine
- Other operational Metal Shop duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- Experience working in a Metal Shop environment is preferred
- Good mathematical skills to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to understand why machines are not running at peak performance, how maximize output of a quality product and to make minor adjustments to fix minor errors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of technical drawings
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.