Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The General Accountant supports corporate office with month end closing, financial reporting, financial analysis and process improvement in a consistent and timely manner. The candidate will make a strong contribution by being actively involved in improving transaction processing, ensuring compliance with internal controls, as well as providing support to other accounting associates.
- Bookkeeping duties, reconciling accounts, posting journal entries
- Establish and maintain procedures/guidelines
- Maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing and filing HST returns
- Monthly payroll processing and government remittances
- WSIB remittances and compliance
- Processing purchase invoices & payments
- Reconciling inter-company accounts
- Timely completion of accurate financial statements and supporting materials on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare analysis of operational and financial results for the business unit
- Produce management reports and analysis for Senior Management focusing on key financial and operational metrics of the business
- Coordinate the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Continuously assess business and departmental processes, and make changes to improve efficiency and productivity
- Provide leadership to the Finance team and ensure assigned responsibilities are completed on an accurate and timely basis
- Undertake other tasks/special projects as assigned by Senior Management
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required.
- Candidate studying for CPA will be preferred
- 2-3 years accounting related work experience including exposure to intercompany transactions will be preferred
- Experience in vertically integrated environment (manufacturing, distribution, service) is an asset
- Above average analytical skills to identify key issues
- Strong interpersonal skills - verbal and written
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- Advanced MS Excel skills for reporting and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in financial analysis and improve/structure business processes
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Sage Accpac would be considered an asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to include a copy of their resume and cover letter. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.