Posted On: September 09, 2019
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Under the general direction of the Production Manager, this position will lead and oversee all elements of production.
- Provide direct oversight, training and guidance to PCB Machine Operators, Assemblers, Wave and Post wave operators to ensure processes and work instructions are being adhered to
- Coordinate the activities of employees to ensure production requirements are met while also ensuring a safe workplace
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to ensure machine availability, reliability and quality.
- Review Metrics on a daily basis and participate in Tiered Daily Accountability Meetings
- Recommend measures to improve methods, equipment performance, quality and efficiency
- Confer with other Departments and Production Supervisors, as required, to coordinate activities.
- Conduct performance reviews and ensure staff adherence to policies and procedures
- Develop and Produce various ad-hoc reports and metrics as requested by management
- Schedule Material Orders (MOs) and assign work.
- Ensure production of accurate parts/products as per drawings while maintaining quality
- Order materials as per requirements of MOs, Follow up with purchasing of materials
- Review and schedule incoming orders for processing by priority
- Liaise with engineering regarding design changes, missing drawings and new programs which require adjustment in tools
- Write requisitions for stock material, tooling and equipment
- Recognize tooling requirements that will reduce labour content and/or improve quality
- Set up and maintain tool dispensing and recording procedures
- Source and provide justification to formulate budgets for new equipment, tooling and department layout changes
- Maintenance and repair of production equipment
- Receive and control the receiving of steel sheets
- Control and maintain low overtime record
- Responsible for department material handling of products
- Responsible for cleanliness of department
- Support and maintain 5S in all areas.
- Monitor the red tag area(s) and disposition material in a timely manner
- Provide monthly safety talks.
- Understand the HSE hazards, risks and controls of the operations under their control.
- Monitor and coach/teach awareness and compliance to HSE controls.
- Integrate HSE programs and performance into continuous improvement and root cause analysis activities.
- Actively participate in the HSE behavior programs for the organization.
- Respond to problems in the time defined by the Problem Escalation Process.
- Coach and mentor others so that problems can be solved rapidly at all levels of the organization.
- Other duties incidental to the work described herein
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to quickly grasp the essential issues of a problem and clearly and concisely communicate the solution.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, and yet be able to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to rapidly solve problems. For Mircom to be successful, these problems need to be corrected then need to be standardized and shared.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and accurate in work habits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and other MS Office programs.
- Experience with MRP program (MS Dynamics or equivalent) an asset
- Experience with soldering and IPC standards
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.