PCB Machine Operator
Posted On: September 09, 2019
PCB Machine Operator
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Under the supervision of the Manager, this position is responsible for the safe, accurate assembly, insertion of electronic components and other related assembly in a timely fashion, with the help of complex machinery.
- Set-up, run and troubleshoot Wave Solder machines with minimum down time and under minimum supervision
- Perform machine maintenance
- Visually inspect boards after processing
- Work in a safe and organized manner
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Machine operator experience and certification an asset
- Ability to read work orders, follow production procedures, sample assemblies, and understand verbal instructions
- Knowledge of electronic components and electronic assembly is an asset
- Knowledge of set-ups, programming and adjustments an asset
- Soldering experience an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and able to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to wear a mask while using the Wave Solder machine while a standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy objects (occasionally able to lift up to 50 pounds), crouch, bend, walk and stand for long periods
- Ability to perform mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.