Embedded Firmware Developer, Software Engineer
Posted On: June 22, 2020
Embedded Firmware Developer, Software Engineer
About The Mircom Group of Companies (http://www.mircomgroup.com) :
The Mircom Group of Companies (MGC™) is a globally recognized design house of advanced intelligent building and campus solutions, serving the global marketplace for over 20 years. Mircom combines its legacy of proven, reliable, and certified safety critical equipment with modern user interfaces, wireless and wired network connectivity, and a selection of open standards and protocols for maximum system interoperability. The R&D Engineering team focuses on adapting the best new technologies to our strong portfolio of current and future solutions. As a leading innovator in the space, Mircom aims to grow market share through new product offerings while delighting customers with quality design, manufacturing, and support services.
Mircom designs, develops, and integrates highly sophisticated intelligent building system related command, control, and communications systems for the industrial, commercial, and residential markets. These state-of-the-art systems combine advanced microprocessors, DSPs, software algorithms and multi-field-sensor integration to provide real-time protection and comfort to our installation facilities. Our designs transform large amounts of complex data into useful information that is clearly and intuitively presented on our panels, enabling emergency response or facility maintenance staff to make informed decisions in real-time. Our growing line of products and technology services a number of building needs including fire-protection, security, access control, mass notification, building automation, home automation and more. The living building environment is your laboratory. Our goal is to connect and protect in buildings, minimizing operating costs while maximizing security and comfort in our protected facilities.
We are staffing in multiple areas of growth; you may be placed on any of the following projects at Mircom:
- Fire Detection Systems: http://www.mircom.com/flex-net
- 3D Facility monitoring: http://www.opengn.com
Embedded software developers work in teams solving real problems brought to us by our customers. We design solutions end-to-end from the whiteboard to the white-box. Our multi-talented integrated teams of electrical, mechanical, software, and application engineers design hardware, layout PCBs, apply operating systems, drivers, and application level software to systems that are mostly network connected to communicate with the property managers and first responders who rely on the real time information the systems provide
Primarily you will be coding, building and testing software. We hold daily scrums and weekly team meetings to help keep us on track. On occasion you will be involved in customer support and or presenting demos to internal teams and new customer prospects.
About Mircom R&D – Montreal, PQ, Canada:
The Mircom Montreal R&D offices are centrally located in St. Laurent, Quebec. Mircom Montreal works closely with head office in Toronto to design complex solutions for the global market. Mircom offers an exciting opportunity to join our company which has won numerous awards in the past few years including:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2012-2016)
- 2015 Branham300 Listing of Canada’s top tech companies
- Profit 500 Listing of Canada’s fastest growing Companies
Mircom is looking for candidates with degrees in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field. We are happy to consider candidates with technical certification or diplomas in related programs with existing application portfolio for demonstration available. Feel free to submit any project documentation or weblinks for other work you’ve created in addition to your traditional resume and cover letter. We want to learn about your experiences and your passions.
- Working with the product design team to document and implement requirements
- End to End systems verification testing
- Configure, design and maintain existing application including bug fixes and feature enhancements
- Prioritize work activities and meet delivery schedule
Primary Skills & Experience Desired:
- C Programming
- O/S Fundamentals
- Device Drivers and Hardware
- Communications Protocols such as ARCNet, BACNet, RS485, Ethernet/IP
Nice to have Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of embedded systems and RTOS;
- Experience with embedded development and processors and DSPs;
- Experience in developing kernels and device drivers;
- Systems software expertise in developing modular software for embedded software applications;
- C/C++ language expertise;
- Experience designing software APIs, managing make files and build environment;
- Demonstrates good communication skills, written and spoken and is capable of presenting technical concepts to audiences of various technical abilities.
- Experience in communication protocols, networking, and system design desired.
- Working knowledge of control systems is a plus.
- Linux developments experience an asset.
- Ability to interface with customers
- Ability to create software requirements from customer’s needs.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Experience working on a team, local and remote is a plus.
- Written software from the beginning to end is a plus.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We are very interested in your hobbies, interest, and previous project experience. Please give us some insight into why the opportunity and company are attractive to you. Please don't copy paste applications you've submitted to other companies, we are really looking for the right fit. We want to know you understand what we do and have an idea how we can make the world better together.
When applying by email, please feel free to include links to other projects, research papers, project reports, or other relevant information that helps complete your BIO and allows you to stand out amongst the crowd. As one of the fastest growing and most-diversified high-tech firms in Toronto, we receive hundreds of applications for our job postings, but we may just be looking for YOU, so be sure YOU stand out in your application.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.