Warehouse Attendant - Vaughan, ON
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Attendant will be responsible for the storage, movement, receiving, preserving and staging of materials, while providing the highest quality of service to all customers. The Warehouse Attendant will also be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of physical security in the warehouse, reporting of all security-related issues to management and any other warehouse functions that may be assigned.
- Print/Read picking slips from the system.
- Follow procedures on RF picking slips or verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Pick, prepare and move customer orders and related material to checking stage for shipping process
- Use an RF scanner to perform a cycle count daily and report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Package shipments securely on pallets, label and provide transportation documents, load trucks.
- Receive and store all finished goods from final assembly or delivery carriers in a timely manner using the RF scanner system
- Ensure the accuracy of shipments; confirm the quantity and part number(s) are accurate.
- Sort out material by POs and process QC orders
- Receive materials in the system and stamp paperwork with date and signature.
- Assist Supervisor with highlighting, collecting, and filing paperwork
- Operate warehouse mobile equipment including forklifts
- Sort pallets and perform inventory checks
- Perform safety checks and preventive maintenance; update logs when machinery is used
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times while adhering to all health and safety policies/procedures
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor
Requirements and Skills:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Forklift Safety Training Certificate required
- Comfortable working in a computer based work environment including Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 75Ibs frequently
- Work requires walking, sitting, standing, bending/crouching, reaching, climbing ladders
- Able to be detail oriented following precise instructions when processing orders
- Knowledgeable of all shipping/receiving procedures applicable in Canada, USA and Internationally
- Experience using RF scanners preferred
- Must be able to read, understand and follow instructions/picking slips
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Familiar with touch screen data entering and scanning
- Three years’ of experience as a warehouse attendant is an asset
- Familiarity with ISO standards is an asset
- Forklift experience an asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
For all interested applicants, please include a cover letter along with your resume. We would thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.