Business Development Manager- Northwest Region
Business Development Manager
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Reporting directly to the Western Sales Leader, the role of Business Development Manager will be to identify and seize new business development opportunities through a strong network of loyal Partners to execute Mircom’s strategy. The Regional Business Development Manager will develop and strengthen new and existing relationships with Engineered Systems Distributors (ESDs).
The Northwest Business Development Manager will oversee the following state(s): Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Idaho, Montana.
- Execute Mircom’s strategic plans, while upholding Mircom’s values at all times.
- Meet or exceed the territory’s revenue and customer targets.
- Increase market share by seeking out new relationships through sales events, trade shows, referrals, industry contacts, warm/cold face-to-face sales calls, collaboration with other team members on sales strategies and developing plans to convert potential customers.
- Maintain current relationships by supporting/recommending customer service efforts, conducting follow up calls, profiling dealers, educating customers, engineers and keeping abreast of new developments in the industry.
- Proactively drive market intelligence gathering, uncover opportunities in growth verticals, and deliver sales wins in these growth areas.
- Assist in implementing training in technology, products, sales skills, project registration and other efforts.
- Participate in industry events including trade shows/association programs.
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years Sales Management Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in the Fire/Security or similar industry.
- Self-motivator with proven organizational track record.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of PC based applications (Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM software would be an asset.
- Possess a current valid driver’s license
- Hold a NICET Level 2 or higher certification
- Technically proficient to review/discuss project plans
- Willingness to travel within the territory, including some overnight and air travel.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary and compensation program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Mircom Group of Companies is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.