Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s global network of dedicated Sales and Service Offices, known as Mircom Engineered Systems, allows us to be a full solution provider. Through Mircom ES, we’re able to provide and fully service our line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small & mid-size buildings to the world’s most complex applications.
- Receive service calls from the Service Coordinator, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Contact customer representatives and ascertain equipment/system problems.
- Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications. These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge and fire pumps.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Electronically complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding and obtain customer’s signature.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of documented experience in the Fire Sprinkler/Suppression industry.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Strong knowledge of codes and the ability to perform inspections to various systems
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor including carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50-70 lbs.
- Ability to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to participate in an on call rotation schedule.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Knowledge of various fire panels for bypassing is an asset.
- Valid CFAA is an asset
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Group Health Benefits
- Company RRSP contributions
- Education incentives
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to the Human Resources Department by email.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.