Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Perform general duties in the Metal Shop.
- Operate metal-working machines, including brake press, insertion machines, CNC punch and stamping machines and spot welding.
- Produce and verify product piece and verify quality according to “first off.”
- Record performance time on in-house job clock.
- Perform maintenance as per outlined requirements.
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a metal shop environment is an asset.
- Must have steel-toed safety boots.
- Able to read blueprints is an asset.
- Able to work in a team environment
- 50lbs plus – occasional (up to 30%), where over 50lbs lifting must be done by two people.
- 20 to 50lbs – frequently (10% to 100%)
- 1 to 20lbs – most frequently (50% to 100%)
- 100% of the job requires walking.
- Up to 100%
- Up to 50%
- Above shoulder height – up to 50%
- At shoulder height – up to 100%
- Below shoulder height – up to 100%
- 20% - there is a second floor mezzanine that requires stair climbing to reach. Ladders/rolling stairs are also located around the plant and are used to reach overstock locations.
- Up to 80%
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.