Account Manager, Building Automation Sales
Account Manager – Building Automated System
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Mircom has been hugely successful and is poised for continued growth both in the domestic and international markets. We are searching for a qualified sales representative with a proven sales record and a thorough understanding of building automated systems.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful with an aptitude for learning and keeping pace with ever advancing technology.
- Visit projects and job sites to review installation procedures and practices with contractors
- Configure innovative solutions using our products and services to competitively meet customer needs
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Quote systems and maintenance programs for customers with technical accuracy and within Company pricing guidelines
- Cold call end users, general & mechanical contractors, consulting engineers, building owners and property management companies to present products and services and solicit new business
- Manage and develop new and existing customer relationships
- Develop sales opportunities within an assigned geographic territory and/or assigned customer accounts
- Stay current in knowledge of product features (including competitor technology), legislation, and regulations
- Attend trade shows, seminars and meetings that relate to the sales and marketing of the products/services
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3+ years technical sales experience
- Post-secondary education (sales or related)
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Experience with preparing thorough quotes
- Knowledge of building automated systems and related technology
- Knowledge of provincial building codes and regulations
- Must possess a car and a valid driver’s licence
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to the HR Department.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.