Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Mircom is looking to fill the position of Branch Administrator at our New Jersey branch (office located in Cedar Grove, New Jersey). Under the direction of the Territory Manager, US Sales & Senior Logistics Manager, the Branch Administrator will primarily be responsible to act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. In addition to general administrative duties, this position will assist in generating and following up on business leads.
We are currently looking for an energetic and driven candidate who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Support local Business Development Managers by providing updates on the status of customer requests, and status of items shipped
- Partner with the marketing department and various Business Development Managers to assist in effectively generating and following up on business leads
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, invoices, presentations, and reports as required.
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail.
- Act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public relating to their questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages as required.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Accurately and appropriately file correspondence, invoices, and receipts
- Act as first line contact with vendors or clients regarding billing problems
- Assist with special projects or additional duties as required
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3+ years’ office administration experience
- Knowledge of an enterprise level CRM system considered an asset
- Experience in the industry considered an asset
- Post-secondary education (technical diploma or degree)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, etc.) preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize/manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Attention to Detail
- Client/Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Fluent in English
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
For all interested applicants, please include a cover letter along with your resume. We would thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.