Visual and Touch-Up Operator (1 year contract)
Visual and Touch-Up Operator
(1 Year Contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday 4:20pm to 12:20am
Under the supervision of the PCB Supervisor, the position is responsible for visual and touch up operation of printed circuit boards and electronic components.
- Assemble and touch-up PCB boards after soldering
- Visually inspect and touch up solder joints as per IPC standards
- Place PCB’s into ESD bags, then place into boxes, count and label boxes, place into trolley
- Keep work stations in clean and orderly condition
- Advise supervisor or lead hand of any abnormal conditions
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
- Offer suggestions for continual improvement
- Other duties as required
Requirements and Skills:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to read, writes, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Must have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and accurate in work habits.
- Efficient hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on details and a high level of accuracy skills
- Reliable and flexible to changing priorities and to work in other areas as required
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.