IT Help Desk
IT Help Desk
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Under the supervision of the Network Supervisor, the successful candidate will support users, deploy, configure and maintain new equipment, as well as support Mircom’ s Internal ERP System infrastructure. Although the IT Help Desk will work out of Mircom’s Head Office, he/she will also provide IT support for users in all other Mircom branches across North America.
- Provide Level 1-2 user support for employees in a timely manner.
- Provide effective customer support services including technical advice, trouble analysis, problem resolution, general information, customer records maintenance, data entry, problem detection and report and escalation.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Provide assistance with current project activities.
- Work closely with other IT teams to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Diagnosing system errors and other issues and escalating accordingly.
- Provide phone and remote support services for remote users and satellite locations.
- Achieve Help Desk objectives by ensuring consistent accurate and timely problem resolution to end users on all desktop services; work within productivity, quality and customer service standards.
- Attends, and participates in staff meetings and related activities, and attends workshops/training to keep current with application issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Ensure successful installation of user equipment and software.
- Support company office phones and cellphones across North America.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in IT/Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of related experience in a help/service desk environment
- Ability to execute daily prioritization and delegation of support requests
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, PC and Laptop hardware, network, and telecom equipment
- Strong communication, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Business process knowledge in Accounting and Manufacturing is a plus
- Excellent time and workload management skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Office 365 Application support for MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 Technical support experience
- Exchange and Active directory user and computers management experience
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues and VOIP phones
- Occasional travel is required within North America to support end users
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter with their application.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.