PCB Assembler (Afternoon Shift)
(1 year contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday 4:20pm to 12:20am
Under the supervision of the Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for performing any combination of following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems: Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Perform loading of PCB’s in trolley, packing of panels and enclosures, stocking on skids/trolleys and delivering to Raw Material or Finish Goods stock
- Assemble PCB boards with components as per set-up sheets
- Inspect PCB’s after assembly
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on printed circuit boards or chassis panel
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering, welding, marettes, or related bonding procedures and equipment
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, locks, screws, wires and switches, to assemblies
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as conformal coating, silk screening, masking, cutting traces, labeling assemblies
- Tends machines that press, shape, or engrave component parts
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
- Performs on-line go-not-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices and Automatic Optical Inspection(AOI), measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- May perform assembly, soldering or inspections under microscope or other magnifying device
- Keep immediate work area in clean and orderly condition
- Advise Supervisor or Lead Hand of any abnormal conditions
- Offer suggestions for continual improvement
Requirements and Skills
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of electronic components and assembly of systems is an asset
- Must be able to read, understand and follow instructions/drawing.
- Electronic devices assemblers that solder might require accreditation or certification
- Familiar with ISO and IPC standards an asset
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Ability to focus attention on details and a high level of accuracy skills
- Ability to lift 25-50 Ibs
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability/willingness to learn on the job new skills trough training
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.