Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
- Testing and repairing of electronic devices and assemblies.
- Perform light soldering operations (surface mount repair, asset).
- Maintain a high level of workmanship quality throughout the test and repair process.
- Provide technical support for the production lines.
- Provide leadership in the testing and troubleshooting of Mircom products through the appropriate use of a variety of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and test fixtures, etc.
- Interact directly with production personnel and assist in training new employees on all aspects of testing and repair as required.
- Working in a team environment to ensure smooth operations.
Requirements and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in electronics.
- 2-5 years of practical work experience in the testing and repairing of electronic assemblies.
- Proven ability to read and understand schematics.
- Surface Mount soldering skills.
- Basic MS Suite and computer literacy.
- Ability to understand both written/ verbal instructions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Automated Test programs such as JTAG or Labview would be an asset.
- Additional experience with the test and repair of Mircom, Secutron or Securiplex fire alarm systems would be desirable.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.