Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will manage and track small projects, support users, deploy, configure and maintain new equipment, as well as support Mircom’s Internal ERP System infrastructure. Although the Project Analyst will work out of Mircom’s Head Office, he/she will also provide IT support for users in all other Mircom branches across North America.
- Manage small, short-term projects
- Scope and plan infrastructure projects in collaboration with the infrastructure team
- Provide communications and updates on all projects
- Provide Level 1-2 user support for employees in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Assure that a response to help desk requests are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with other IT teams to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Diagnosing system errors and other issues.
- Act as a liaison between users from other locations and Head Office staff when escalation is required.
- Achieve Help Desk objectives by ensuring consistent accurate and timely problem resolution to end users on all desktop services; work within productivity, quality and customer service standards.
- Attends, and participates in staff meetings and related activities, and attends workshops/training to keep current with application issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Setup, configure, maintain and support new user equipment.
- Ensure successful installation of user equipment and software.
- Support company office phones and cellphones across North America.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in IT/Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing small projects
- Experience with project reporting and tracking
- Experience in a help/service desk environment
- Ability to execute daily prioritization and delegation of support requests
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, PC hardware, network, and telecom
- Strong communication, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Business process knowledge in Accounting and Manufacturing is a plus
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel is required within North America to support end users
- Office 365 Experience an asset
- Exchange and Active directory experience an asset
What Mircom Offers:
A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter with their application.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.