Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Mircom is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Service Coordinator with proven experience in handling all service and construction related activities. The Service Coordinator will report to the Regional Service Manager and work closely with the service and sales team.
- Create purchase orders for various service department requirements (i.e., vendors, subcontractors, equipment, tech requirements)
- Create service call work orders and schedule technicians.
- Inventory and coordination of parts equipment and tooling for upcoming PMA and Construction projects.
- Perform parts transfers from various warehouse locations.
- Monitor vendor assets.
- Monitor technician assets and distribution.
- Monitor consumable stock levels, and place restock orders as necessary.
- Create work orders for vendor service.
- Assist with reviewing documents for billing issues, hours, variances etc.
- Create and review open work orders for resolving back logged issues-PMA and Construction.
- Review documentation for work order variances in invoicing.
- Review documentation for PO variances in invoicing.
- Aid with inquiries from AR, AP, clients, and sales.
- Document job folder and filing to virtual shared drives.
- Aid with credit requests from Service and Construction.
- Inventory all technician assets and maintain equipment calibration schedules.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3+ years’ office administration experience
- Experience in the industry would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education (technical diploma or degree)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, etc.) are preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information with high degree of professionalism
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited.