Supply Chain Analyst (Intern/Contract)
Posted On: November 18, 2022
Supply Chain Analyst (3-4 month contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Reporting to Director of Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for assisting the team in various areas such as demand planning, sourcing & procurmeent, and logistics.
The candidate is an energetic and passionate customer and supply chain focused change agent with advanced skills in Excel and ERP system.
Responsibilites & Duties:
- Supporting supply chain initiative on special project on Material Planning, MRP, report automation, valuation of forecast and simulation of process
- Optimizing data collection, tabulation and provide report analysis
- Data clean-up, update configuration set-up, test and validate MRP output
- AX data clean up and maintenance
- Assist buyers in areas where they need assistance
- Expedite parts to bring in on time to fulfill production, sales order, and projects requirements
- Assist resolving AP & receiving related issues
- Shipping and transportation costs optimization
- HS code and duty cost cut
- Other supply chain related duties may be required as need based
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary College or University
- Computer Science or engineering education is an asset
- Less than 1 year experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Excellent skills in Microsoft, Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Queries, and formulas)
- Additional Notes:
- Teamwork spirit
- Good verbal and written English
- Eager to learn and help
- Willing to grow a career in a supply chain field
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.