Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s global network of dedicated Sales and Service Offices, known as Mircom Engineered Systems, allows us to be a full solution provider. Through Mircom ES, we’re able to provide and fully service our line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small & mid-size buildings to the world’s most complex applications.
- Perform Rack-up, Programming, Verification and Inspection of fire alarm systems, access control and intercom systems, along with other fire protection equipment
- Perform inspections and service on Mircom and non-Mircom product
- Complete and return inspection reports in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to customers as needed
- Provide operational training to end-users
- Ensure our customers and end-users have a positive experience working with Mircom
- Read and understand engineered drawings, specifications, programs, schematics, installation manuals, and service manuals
Requirements and Skills:
- Technicians shall have 3-5 years of experience as a Service Technician within the Fire Alarm industry
- Electronics diploma or equivalent from accredited college/university or documented and demonstrated trade qualification
- Technicians shall have Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) Registration or comparable qualification
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 70lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding
- Possess a valid and clean motor vehicle license (G License)
- Knowledge of Mircom systems is an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Group Health Benefits
- Company vehicle complete with fuel and automotive service expense account
- Company RRSP contributions
- Education incentives
All interested applicants are asked to submit their resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.