Technical Sales Assistant
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Technical Sales Assistant
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
When you choose to join Mircom, you are representing a brand that our customers trust and rely on to ensure their safety and security. Our people make a difference every day.
The Technical Sales Assistant will work closely with the US Territory Sales Manager—North to help manage and grow fire protection and safety service-based sales in the New York and New Jersey areas. Their focus will be on providing extensive field technical support with Fire and Security products. More specifically, the Technical Sales Asisstant will primarily be involved in routinely delivering in-person technical support on project sites as well as via phone.
- Provide on-site technical support and technical support via phone to clients and Mircom partners
- Coordinate and deliver lunch and learn presentations regarding Mircom products and services to current and prospective clients
- Attend local trade association shows as required
- Assist Senior Business Development Manager as required
- Utilize sales techniques to sell products/services/solutions to customers and new end-users
- Ensure a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitor progress
- Other duties incidental to those described herein.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years of providing technical support experience, preferably with Fire and Security products.
- Experience in the fire protection and/or life safety industry preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing. Travel within the New York and New Jersey area is required.
- NICET Level II certification and/or NYC S-98 Certificate of Fitness required
- Knowledge of NYC High-Rise Fire Code preferred
- Self-motivator with proven track record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of PC based applications (Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an asset.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary and compensation program
- Opportunities for career advancement
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background and professional reference check.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by law.