Logistics Team Leader
Logistics Team Leader
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Reporting to the Logistics and Warehouse Leader of Mircom Group of companies, the experienced Logistics Team Lead will help to develop and coordinate long range shipping scenarios with established or planned schedules. We’re looking for an innovative solution-based thinker and an “out of the box” approach provide the project with optimal solutions. The ideal candidate coordinates order allocation, replenishment, and the flow of inbound freight throughout the warehouse with a focus on accuracy, quality, and efficiency. Lead daily management, standard work, problem solving, material flow, 5S and visual management are important.
- Works closely with management to understand the volume and resource scheduling plan for orders and the respective deadlines which must be achieved.
- Uses the work plan for the shift in allocating orders in small manageable batches respecting best practices and limiting work queue intervention.
- Ensures customer orders are released to operations to enable completion as per management’s order fulfillment work plan.
- Monitors the work queue to ensure work is being completed as per the order fulfillment work plan and reports any delays immediately to management.
- Schedules, allocates and sets task priorities for customer rush orders.
- Using the inbound schedule assigns work to Operators and monitors the flow of work throughout the shift.
- Works with the Leader to coordinate the most effective manner to organize inbound loads.
- Monitors receiving and shipping task progress to ensure timely completion of scheduled loading and offloading.
- Check and track load arrivals times during the shift and investigate missed deadlines for resolution.
- Oversee all warehouse services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling; returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative duties;
- Act as a liaison between Management and front line employees;
- Comply with all Health/Safety/Security programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property;
- Strive for continuous improvement in all facets of warehouse operations;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years' experience working in a Warehouse/Distribution Centre;
- Experience in leading teams will be considered an asset, as well as following:
- Direct experience with distribution centre processes required (receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly);
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to delegate tasks and prioritize work;
- Assist team by receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly to ensure deadlines are met;
- Certification operating materials handling equipment (MHE) is considered an asset (i.e. counter balance, reach truck, order pickers);
- Excellent understanding of warehouse operations and cost structures;
- Contribute to an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and concern for others
- Use effective communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate personal accountability and integrity
What Mircom Offers:
A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
For all interested applicants, please include a cover letter along with your resume. We would thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.