Junior Service Technician
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s global network of dedicated Sales and Service Offices, known as Mircom Engineered Systems, allows us to be a full solution provider. Through Mircom ES, we’re able to provide and fully service our line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small & mid-size buildings to the world’s most complex applications.
- Perform inspections and service on Mircom and non-Mircom product
- Perform inspections and service on Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Lighting
- Complete and return inspection reports in a timely manner
- Provide operational training to end-users
- Assist Senior technicians on larger inspections on all Fire and Life Safety Equipment
- Ensure our customers and end-users have a positive experience working with Mircom
Requirements and Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience as a Service Technician within the Fire Alarm industry
- Electronics diploma or equivalent from accredited college/university or documented and demonstrated trade qualification
- Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) Registration or working towards certification
- Knowledge of Mircom systems is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 70lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding
- Possess a valid and clean motor vehicle license (Class G)
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Group Health Benefits
- Company RRSP contributions
- Education incentives
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to the HR Department.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.