CNC Operator (Night Shift)
(1 year contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday 12:10am to 8:10am
- Set up CNC Punch Press machine and assist programmer load appropriate programs; and retrieve existing programs or create new programs as required
- Prepare and load required tooling in the machine
- Make a "first off": compare technical drawings and revisions, allowing the operator to run jobs if correct
- Verify count and quality of parts. Close or move the job to the next station for processing.
- Inspect tooling on a regular basis . Arrange for sharpening of tools and/or tool replacement through the Supervisor if required
- Advise the operator of any special needs and/or requirements of the job
- Record and/or report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to Metal Shop Supervisor
- Comply with Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency
- Perform general maintenance on machines as per maintenance procedures
- Other duties in the Metal Shop as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience as CNC Punch Press Set Up operator
- CNC programming course an asset
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and accuracy in work habits
- 60% of the time – lifting up to 15 lbs,
- 20% of the time – lifting 15 to 25 lbs
- 20% of the time – lifting up to 5 lbs.
- 90% of the time – standing or moving.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.