SMT Machine Operator
SMT Machine Operator
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Under the supervision of the Manager, this position is responsible for the safe, accurate assembly, insertion of electronic components and other related assembly in a timely fashion, with the help of complex machinery.
- Set-up, run and troubleshoot Auto-insertion and SMT machines with minimum down time and minimum supervision
- Perform quality inspection with the aid of Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI), Golden Sample or Bills of Material (BOM) and log it on the First Off template of the Manufacturing Order (MO)
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance as required
- Maintain PCB stock accurately, ensuring cleanliness and good organization
- Visually inspect all boards after processing on the machines
- Manage and track stock accurately by utilizing Integrated Materials Management Software
- Work in a safe and organized manner
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Machine operator certification an asset
- Three years’ experience using Auto-insertion and SMT machinery
- Ability to read work orders, follow production drawings, sample assemblies, and understand verbal instructions
- Experience with current IPC class 2 standard for proper insertion, placement and reflow of components
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly processes
- Knowledge of electronic components and electronic assembly is an asset
- Knowledge of set-ups, programming and adjustments an asset
- Soldering experience an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), crouch, bend, walk and stand for long periods
- Ability to perform mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume.
We would thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.