Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Delivery Driver will be responsible for the delivery of products over established routes. Responsibilities will include the correct loading of the vehicle, recording of delivery information, and ensuring overall vehicle safety. The Delivery Driver will be expected to operate the delivery vehicle in a safe manner at all times, obeying all rules of the road, and follow all appropriate company policies and procedures.
- Operate and drive company vehicle to pick up and deliver various products
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Deliver products over established routes
- Ensure correct loading of vehicle
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding the delivery of goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries and vehicle mileage.
- Communicate with supervisor/manager.
- Loading and unloading products in a safe manner, using provided tools as appropriate (e.g. dollies, lifts, etc.)
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicle
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Valid Class G Driver's
- 3 years’ experience of intercity and highway driving
- Clean Driver's abstract
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.