Fire Sprinkler Fitter
Fire Sprinkler Fitter
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s global network of dedicated Sales and Service Offices, known as Mircom Engineered Systems, allows us to be a full solution provider. Through Mircom ES, we’re able to provide and fully service our line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small & mid-size buildings to the world’s most complex applications.
The ideal candidate for this position will have relevant, working knowledge of NFPA Standards and OSHA regulations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints, specification and project schedules
- Coordination and installation of overhead sprinkler systems, including steel and CPVC and steel piping, fire pumps, standpipes, hose systems, underground pipe including private service fire mains, hydrants, pits and underground control valves
- Responsible for participating and attending weekly job site safety meetings
- Accountable for ordering material, managing deliveries/backorders, ensuring changes in scope/discrepancies are resolved, monitor labor costs, responsible for tools, and coordinating equipment rental
- Willing to travel to local job site locations
- Be physically fit to perform the demanding work of the trade including maximum occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent lifting up to 25 pounds. Standing and walking for the majority of the workday.
Requirements and Skills:
- Technicians shall have 3-5 years of experience as a Service or Installation Technician within the Fire Sprinkler industry
- NICET I / II certification or accumulated equivalent experience
- Osha certification, apprentice certifications or other trade qualification would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of industry codes (NFPA)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Company vehicle complete with fuel and automotive service expense account
- Education incentives
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for advancement
- Compensation is commensurate with experience/certifications
- Group Benefits Program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.