Posted On: June 15, 2020
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Financial Analyst supports corporate office through the month end process, provides accurate financial reports and analysis in a consistent and timely manner. This position works to improve understanding of key revenue and cost drivers to maximize results and works closely with the Senior Finance team.
- Assist preparing timely and accurate reporting of consolidated monthly financial results
- Responsible for preparation and posting of month end entries
- Prepare US Sales Tax reports using Vertex for monthly filing
- Prepare and file Canadian Sales tax
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly Project costing revenue recognition
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Finance as well as branches globally to influence others with respect to obtaining required inputs and managing timelines
- Adapt, anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external clients (including operational units) related to financial and operational activities
- Analyze monthly results to identify emerging trends, issues, cause and effect analysis as to contribute to strategic business decision
- Assist Accounting Manager prepare year end audit package and liaise with external auditors
- Provide financial activities support to the management
- Acquire deep, strong knowledge of the business
- Analysis of financial results
- Advanced and frequent usage of financial system tools
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Consistency of accounting/statutory reporting and reporting
- Effective flagging of business issues based on financial and trend analysis
- Continuous improvement on operating and reporting efficiencies
- Interaction with Accounting manager, VPs, CFO
- Assist in efforts and analysis with other functions within Finance team
- Peer relationships within and across regions with other Analysts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in an advanced level of CPA designation
- 3+ years professional experience required as financial analyst or equivalent
- Experience in vertically integrated environment (manufacturing, distribution, service) is an asset
- Above average analytical skills to identify key issues
- Strong interpersonal skills - verbal and written
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- Advanced MS Excel skills for reporting and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in financial analysis and improve/structure business processes
- ERP knowledge and experience including implementation planning
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered an asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to include a copy of their resume and cover letter. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.