Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Customer Care Representative will interact with Mircom’s customers to address inquiries regarding products and services, while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: billing, placing print orders, and basic technical support.
- Use automated information systems to analyze the customer’s situation.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handle issues in the best interest of both the customer and the company.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Provide customer quote and billing material when required.
- Compile and generate reports as they relate to customer service.
- Provide information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services, and assist individuals interested in opening accounts.
- Receive, review and process orders via phone, email, mail and fax.
- Receive, document and resolve customer complaints.
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale.
- Act as the company gate keeper and voice of the customer.
- Work with the Customer Care Manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Provide customer assistance with Stock checks and product support.
- Review and release orders from Logistics queue when required.
- Participate in ongoing product and customer service training.
- Any other related duties as determined by management.
Requirements and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service or help desk capacity.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience in the fire protection, communications and/or security industry would be an asset.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle complaints and the occasional difficult customer.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Accountability to customers, team members and internal staff.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience an asset.
- Ability to multi-task.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.