Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Mircom designs, develops, and integrates highly sophisticated intelligent building system related command, control, and communications systems for the industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our designs transform large amounts of complex data into useful information that is clearly and intuitively presented on our panels, enabling emergency response or facility maintenance staff to make informed decisions in real-time.
Software developers work in teams solving real problems brought to us by our customers. We design solutions end-to-end from the whiteboard to the white-box. Our multi-talented integrated teams of electrical, mechanical, software, and application engineers design hardware, layout PCBs, operating systems, drivers, and application level software to support Mircom’s network connected systems. Primarily you will be coding, building and testing software. We hold daily scrums and weekly team meetings to help keep us on track. On occasion you will be involved in customer support and or presenting demos to internal teams and new customer prospects.
Mircom is looking for candidates with degrees in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field. We are happy to consider candidates with technical certification or diplomas in related programs with existing application portfolio for demonstration available. Feel free to submit any project documentation or weblinks for other work you’ve created in addition to your traditional resume and cover letter. We want to learn about your experiences and your passions.
- Work with the product design team to document and implement requirements
- End to End systems verification testing
- Configure, design and maintain existing application including bug fixes and feature enhancements
- Prioritize work activities and meet delivery schedule
- Design, develop and test solutions using C, C++, Multi-Threaded, Shell Scripting.
- Conduct peer reviews of the Design and Source Code (C, C++, and Shell Scripts).
- Support System Testing, Acceptance (UAT) Testing and Production changes. Debugging and Troubleshooting production issues.
- Responsible for Development/Enhancement, bug fixing as well as Production Support
- Attend daily and weekly team meetings to ensure that project goals are met
- On occasion will be involved in customer support and/or presenting demos to internal teams and new customer prospects
Requirements and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience
- Degree in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field
- Candidates with technical certification or diplomas in related programs with existing application portfolio for demonstration available will be considered
- C Programming and O/S Fundamentals
- Experience working with device drivers and hardware
- Solid understanding of embedded systems and RTOS is a plus
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented software design, data structures, network programming and algorithms.
- Systems software expertise in developing modular software for embedded software applications
- Experience in C, C++, STL, Visual C++, Visual Studio Suit, Platform Builder 7, eVC++ 4.0 and MFC, Win32 APIs.
- Knowledge of advanced level programming in C/C++: Standard Template Library (STL), Boost Library and TCP/IP.
- Experience designing software APIs, managing make files and build environment
- Fluent with version control systems like Git.
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience with embedded development and processors is a plus
- Ability to interact with customers with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create software requirements from customer’s needs
- Good written and verbal skills and is capable of presenting technical concepts to audiences of various technical abilities
- Experience in communication protocols (ARCNet, BACNet, RS485, Ethernet/IP), networking, and system design desired
- Working knowledge of control systems is a plus
- Experience working on a team, local and remote is a plus
- Previous experience writing software from the beginning to end is a plus
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to the HR Department. Applicants are encouraged to submit any project documentation research papers, web links or other relevant documents that showcase their past work. Please share this job to people whom you think would be interested in a great career in a leading technology firm.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.