Branch Administrator – Ottawa, ON
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
We are currently looking for a qualified Branch Administrator for our Ottawa Branch Office.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful and possess strong office administrative skills.
- Answer and transfer of incoming calls
- Basic office filing
- Petty cash reconciliation (cash posting) & banking
- Process office supply orders
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Record and reconcile payroll hours for employees
- Assist in accounts receivable collection in liaison with Head Office
- Reconciliation of invoices
- Assist in Service billing
- Tracking of inventory (service vehicles)
- Track Inventory transfers
- Record and reconcile Technician project hours
- Purchase various orders for sub-contractors
- Assist with scheduling of technicians and jobs
- Additional duties as required
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3+ years’ office administration experience
- Experience in the industry would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education (technical diploma or degree)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, etc.) are preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information with high degree of professionalism
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited