Project Quotations Specialist/Estimator
Posted On: January 05, 2021
Project Quotations Specialist/Estimator
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Project Quotations Specialist/Estimator will candidate will work with the local sales team to prepare fire system project quotations for electrical contractors and distributors, and review plans and specifications to design a cost effective solution that meets all relevant codes and standards.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepare project budget by studying drawings; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluate offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, regional, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in a related field
- 3+ years’ of experience in Estimating
- Experience in analyzing information and developing budgets
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on quality
- Strong communication, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in building fire systems
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.