Account Manager, System Sales
Account Manager – Fire Alarm System Sales
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Highly successful and poised for continued growth both in the domestic market and internationally, we are searching for a qualified account manager with a proven sales record and a general understanding of fire alarm, security and telephone access systems.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful with an aptitude for learning and keeping pace with ever advancing technology.
- Visit projects and job sites to review installation procedures and practices with contractors
- Develop sales opportunities with existing customers
- Configure innovative solutions using Mircom products and services to competitively meet customer needs
- Cold call end users, electrical contractors, consulting engineers, building owners and property management companies to present Mircom’s products and services and solicit new business
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
Requirements and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 3+ years technical sales experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Experience with preparing thorough quotes
- Knowledge of fire alarm industry and/or technology, provincial fire code and building codes would be considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s licence is required.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
All candidates are asked to submit their resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.