Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Reports Coordinator will review all documents submitted by field service technicians and ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting.
- Format reports per specific formatting requirements
- Track and follow up on customer inquiries
- Add suggested corrections and/or questions related to report contents
- Submit reviewed and/or revised reports to the Service Manager for approval, clarification and/or further edits
- Provide exemplary and timely support to internal and external stakeholders primarily via phone and email
- Communicate with field staff if there are any inconsistencies and/or omissions within reports that require clarification or correction
- Escalate concerns as appropriate to Service Manager
- Assist with process and quality improvements
- Perform cross-functional duties, as assigned
- Provide input on process improvements to leadership
- Submit final report to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties incidental to those described herein
Requirements and Skills:
- 2-3 years of related experience in the fire alarm or life safety industry
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Excellent organization and coordination skills required to ensure timeliness, comprehensiveness and accuracy of report content
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English and French is required
- Experience reviewing and editing CAN-ULCS537 and CAN-ULCS536 reports preferred
- Experience reviewing and editing NFPA reports preferred
- Microsoft AX or other CRM experience would be a strong asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.