Maple Ridge, Colombie-Britannique
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing fire alarm installation projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions. The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labour schedules, and field installation.
- Maintain project plan to keep project schedule on track
- Develop a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets
- Coordinate and communicate the exchange of information amongst team and with clients
- Conduct Work in Progress meetings
- Ensure AHJ requirements and departmental procedures are followed
- Coordinate technical assistance required for installations
- Manage purchases and shipments of equipment to site
- Coordinate, quote & track change orders
- Occasional completion of on-site technical work as deemed neccessary by Service Manager
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or related field
- Strong knowledge of BC Building Code, CAN/ULC-S524 and CAN/ULC-S537 required
- 5+ years fire protection, construction, alarm/detection, or related project management experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive and able to multi-task
- Leadership skills – able to establish direction, align people, motivate and inspire
- Understand and follow all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and decision making skills
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.