(1 year contract)
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
- Test Printed Circuit Board modules on a go/ no go basis
- Repairs minor circuit board problems such as: solder bridges, reversed components long leads, open circuits and the like
- Forward serious problem boards to Test Technicians for additional trouble shooting
- Program IC’s with Mircom Firmware using PC and EPROM Programmer
Requirements and Skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp the essential issues of a problem and clearly and concisely communicate the solution to the customer.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have knowledge of Fire Alarm and Intercom System field wiring techniques.
- Good knowledge of the various codes and standards that govern the fire alarm industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of safety procedures and precautions related to working with electrical equipment.
- Good written and spoken English, ability to create clear, precise, and comprehensive technical reports of problems.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, and yet be able to function well in a team environment.
- Must be able to evaluate new products from a customer perspective and give feedback to Engineering for product enhancements.
- Ability to read, writes, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Able to interact with junior employees through company senior management and above.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and accurate in work habits.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your resume to Human Resources.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.