Microsoft AX Developer
Microsoft AX Developer
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
The Dynamics AX Developer will be responsible to develop customized solutions within the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client/reseller requirements, and company goals. The candidate will be focused on working in the technical team to contribute to projects, implementations and system customization.
- Design and code additions and updates to current AX system per requirements, received from multiple business units
- Create and modify Dynamics AX reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & BI
- Perform debugging and testing of all AX code and assist with any issues related to production or development environments
- Create and maintain requirements and technical specification documentation
- Develop in MS Dynamics AX using X++, SSRS, .NET and C# development languages
- Maintain familiarity with other Object-Oriented languages, C#, VB.Net, Java, and the .Net Framework
- Manage each customization within implementation timelines including documentation
- Resolve problems, identify causes, and anticipate implications
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Operations Management, Finance/Accounting or Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ year experience with Dynamics AX 2012 R3, R2 with 1+ year experience with D365 UI & development is required
- Experience in D365 Basic modules – Finance & Operations (Finance – HR, AP, AR, GL, FA, Budgeting & Planning, Cash and Bank Management) (Operations - Procurement and Sourcing, Production Control, Warehousing) is preferred
- Knowledge of .NET (C# and/or VB.NET, XML, web services, etc.) with C++, Java, or other object-oriented language and SQL Server desirable
- Experience with TnE is a plus
- Experience with a software product development environment with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle (mainly in .NET and in Microsoft Dynamics AX) including design and planning, development, unit testing, QA testing, installation, deployment, and support is preferred
- Microsoft Certified Professional or MCP level certification for Microsoft Dynamics AX is a nice to have
- Ability to work with multiple teams to define and test customization and new functionality implementation is required
- Microsoft Dynamics AX hands on experience
- Solid knowledge of .NET Platform, ASP.NET and C#, used in business process development and reporting
- Strong understanding of relational database design, MS SQL server
- Strong knowledge of SQL Queries and Table creation
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Experience in TFS source control
- Experience in X++ development
- Experience with MS SharePoint, Ajax, JQuery, Java/JSP/Servlets, Classic ASP languages and MySQL platforms
- English proficiency both written and verbal
- Ability to work and prioritize independently and as part of a team
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- General accounting/manufacturing knowledge and process understanding
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Our company does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by our Company to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.