Maple Ridge, Colombie-Britannique
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Warehouse Associate who will be responsible for picking and packing, unloading and loading orders, receiving incoming goods from all sources, handling necessary paperwork, order filling, maintaining inventory and operating a forklift
- Print/Read picking slips from the system.
- Follow procedures on RF picking slips or verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Pick, prepare and move customer orders and related material to checking stage for shipping process
- Use an RF scanner to perform a cycle count daily and report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Package shipments securely on pallets, label and provide transportation documents, load trucks.
- Receive and store all finished goods from final assembly or delivery carriers in a timely manner using the RF scanner system
- Ensure the accuracy of shipments; confirm the quantity and part number(s) are accurate.
- Sort out material by POs and process QC orders
- Receive materials in the system and stamp paperwork with date and signature.
- Assist Supervisor with highlighting, collecting, and filing paperwork
- Operate warehouse mobile equipment including forklifts
- Sort pallets and perform inventory checks
- Perform safety checks and preventive maintenance; update logs when machinery is used
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times while adhering to all health and safety policies/procedures
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor
Requirements and Skills:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent
- Forklift Safety Training Certificate required
- Comfortable working in a computer based work environment including Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 75Ibs frequently
- Work requires walking, sitting, standing, bending/crouching, reaching, climbing ladders
- Able to be detail oriented following precise instructions when processing orders
- Knowledgeable of all shipping/receiving procedures applicable in Canada, USA and Internationally
- Experience using RF scanners preferred
- Must be able to read, understand and follow instructions/picking slips
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written English) skills
- Familiar with touch screen data entering and scanning
- Three years’ of experience as a warehouse attendant is an asset
- Familiarity with ISO standards is an asset
- Forklift experience an asset
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to HR.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.